If you are planning a career in website based IT solutions, web designing and web developing are probably the most common career paths. A web designer and a web developer work in tandem to produce a high quality website as per a client’s requirement. To understand the subtle difference between these two fields, let’s get to know each of them individually.
Web designing is the process of providing the outline and appearance of a website. Apart from providing an interface to your client, a web designer ensures that the website gives a true representation of a company’s business and brand to its potential customers. Needless to say, a well-designed website can do wonders for a brand as well as its designer. While designing a particular website, here is a few important things you need to consider:
• The website must be designed by keeping in mind the current digital trends. Such a website reflects the willingness of a company to adopt with time.
• As every business revolves around a particular target audience, you must design a website for that audience.
• Before creating the design, read about the company and its business. This will help you in designing a website which is in-line with the company’s image.
A web developer is responsible for providing functionality to a website’s design. A web developer incorporates the design outlines of a website into an interactive webpage. Developing a website requires thorough coding.
• Back-end Developers: Back-end website developers are responsible for ensuring the functionality of the entire website by programming different entities. Apart from communicating with the server-side elements, back-end developers maintain database of the customers. Java, PHP, SQL, etc. are some of the most commonly used languages for back-end programming.
• Full-stack Developers: As the name suggests, full-stack developers are professionals having expertise for both front-end and back-end programming for a website development. Full-stack developers are mostly absorbed as supervisors for guiding a team of programmers to ensure timely execution of large websites. Alternatively, they can be employed independently to design a simple website.
• Web developers are one of the highest paid professionals in IT industry.
• As most of the businesses are going online, web developers have plenty of job opportunities.
• The ability to translate a design into a fully functional website in thrilling and gives immense satisfaction.
• Designing a website is quite artistic and does not require any knowledge or experience of coding. All you need is to have required designing skills.
• As you start the design from a scratch, you have a lot of creative freedom.
• Forget turning up for work every day! You can work from the luxury of your home on your own terms.
Now that you have understood the roles and responsibilities of a web designer and developer, here is a list of things you need to learn to succeed in them:
• Design Skills: The first and foremost requirement to be a web designer is an artistic mind and design skills. You must be able to conceptualize the requirement of the client and create an organized outline of its website.
• Understanding of User Experience: The design of a website must be done according to its target audience. You must identify and incorporate design features that appeals to your target audience for providing the best user experience.
• Little Bit of Programming: Working knowledge of basic programming skills can boost your professional career. Although, you won’t be designing the website, these programming skills will allow you to incorporate coding friendly practices in your design.
• HTML & CSS: HTML and CSS are the two most basic languages required to be a front-end developer. Having a sound knowledge of these languages will allow you to quickly develop coding for webpage applications.
• PHP & SQL: PHP is the most popular scripting language for back-end web development. SQL, on the other hand, is used for analyzing and organizing data while handling databases. Both these languages are open source and free.
• Python: Python is one of the most popular high-level programming languages used by back-end developers. It’s code readability and open source nature provides fast development of server based web applications.
If you are interested in mastering these technical skills, you can enroll in the web designing training coursesfrom LogicRays Academy. LogicRays Academy has more than 8 years of experience in IT Training, and their expert mentors offer several programs as per market requirement. Partnering with leading IT companies ensures a job placement after the course completion.